Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Pantry

This is my under the stairwell Pantry. I hate it! I'm always bumping my head or hurting myself somehow in this cramped space. It makes me crazy. A week ago, when I was over at our friends Gabriel and Melissa's house she said to me..."we made new shelves for our pantry!" I was so impressed by what an awesome job Gabriel had done, I asked him would he make some for us. He was immediately on board to help us out. I was so excited! Even though the weather was not helping...rainy and freezing cold, he worked non stop to complete our beautiful custom built shelves in his very cold garage. Thank You Gabriel...I LOVE them. And thank you to Melissa for helping your hubby and keeping his measurements straight...lol!
I took everything out and filled the holes and painted it the same color as the majority of the kitchen walls. I hate painting...not my forte. I like giving the orders and having other people paint...lol! But, since I'm not going to pay anyone to do it I'm doing the scut work and painting. But, I feel proud of myself for a job well done.



Here it is when I finished painting. I love the color..it's called Med Mocha.


Here they are. Gabe...you did an awesome job!!!

Aren't they beautiful!!! I love them!! Better than I imagined!! There are actually five shelves. A small one on the very top but, I can't get it in the photo because I'm backed up against another wall.
I was even able to get my small appliances in there. I have so much more shelf space since he extended the bottom shelf to wrap around the back wall.
I'm still looking for bar and hooks for my broom and mop to go on this side of the pantry. I need a trip to Ikea...lol!
I'm so happy how it turned out! It looks more uniform and cohesive. Gabe...your the man!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wendy the pantry looks awesome!

Deanna said...

Wow, it looks wonderful Wendy! What a great job Gabriel did. What awesome people Gabriel and Melissa must be to have helped you with this project.

I think it looks great. I love the wall color too. Painting is not my thing either but I would do it in a minute if I had my own home!

Hugs,
Deanna :)

Deanna said...

TAG YOUR IT! Come over to my blog for instructions....have fun!

Deanna :)

Scrappy Girl said...

Nice looking pantry.

I totally knew you would grab that countdown! How exciting!

Tayde Lund said...

super cool! I love it! also, congrats mollie on honor roll! you guys are seriously on a "roll"!!! with both kiddos, geeshhhhhhhhh do you you have to pay out mom? we had report cards come home yesterday...geeshhhhhhhh I'm broke!:) love you guys!

Deanna said...

Oh girl, I love those banana Moon Pie's...better than the chocolate!

Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Hugs,
Deanna :)

Krista Lund said...

hi wendy! any friend of tayde's is a friend of mine :)
she talks about you highly :)
thank you for your kind words. i absolutely love what i do and i guess it shows.
stay tuned for my new site and blog. i will be sure to send it to you.
p.s. the pantry looks great!!

Deanna said...

Hi Wendy,
Hope you and the family are doing well.

Deanna :D