Saturday, August 23, 2008

Matthew's in the 6th Grade Band!


Today was a big day for Matthew! He got his instrument...The Trumpet! He was super excited and could not stop smiling! Dad is beaming as well...he played Trumpet in Middle and High School! It's so cute...he has a little music stand...I think he sat there for at least 2 hours blowing away on his horn..LOL! I'm glad he takes after his daddy though...no musical talent in me I'm afraid!

We got an awesome deal on it! Ron was talking to a guy at work last week and mentioned that Matthew had joined the Middle School Band and was assigned the Trumpet! The guy said his son was in the High School Band and was upgrading his Trumpet. He was more than happy to sell it to us! He had paid $300 for it three years ago and offered to sell it to us for $125...YAY! When I went to the school to show it to the band teacher "Mr. Wommach" he said we got a steal. For a used one it was $500 through the company the school uses...you go on a payment plan if you don't have the money...it's like $30 bucks a month. I was very happy and so was Matthew! So, now the loft has become the music room...because Mom's ears are old and worn out...LOL!

3 comments:

Loren said...

Yay, Matt :)

I always wanted to be in the band, but when it came time for me to join in sixth grade, the teacher ended up leaving.

Bummer.

Tayde Lund said...

oh how cool! I love "bargain" stories!!! that is super awesome, love love the pep rally music!!! awesome! We can't wait to get more pix of Matthew in his band uniform, what a cutie! love you guys!

jlynne329 said...

Great for Matt! I hope he enjoys it as much as Johnathan. Johnathan will be starting his second year of band after also taking lessons weekly this summer. Have to brag about our trumpet deal...$600 trumpet that belonged to my cousin; paid my aunt the $50 in shipping! LOL